Engineering Team Lead - Consumer Web
Location: New York City
Company: Bloomberg LP
Role Type: Full-time, Direct Hire
As a part of Bloomberg Media, the largest global business media company, our team builds and manages web applications and supporting systems that deliver market-moving news, data, video, audio and ultimately represent the brand that is Bloomberg to a global and dynamic audience. Our purpose is to understand our users' needs, scale and performance limitations, as well as emerging technology trends for efficient and reliable delivery.
As a Team Lead, you will drive several initiatives to launch websites to international audience with rich user interfaces across devices. You will develop automated tools to speed up software delivery with high quality, and improve site resiliency by leveraging multiple clouds.
You'll need to have:
- Sound understanding of computer science fundamentals, workings of internet and distributed applications
- Track record of building and effectively managing strong engineering teams by recruiting, mentoring software engineers and engineering leaders Experience managing team in agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a rapidly evolving environment and managing 24x7 customer facing infrastructure
We'll trust you to:
- Be a hands on coder and people manager with deep experience in developing web applications
- Partner with/communicate cross-functionally and drive technical/business projects
- Be an effective leader, drive employee career development and performance
- Help define and drive regular development of an aggressive technical roadmap to meet the needs of the team, and partner teams
- Working closely with Product Managers, Ad Operations, Editorial and have strategic influence