You've seen the headlines. Financial firms are fined millions of dollars when just one employee does something they shouldn't. It can be as serious as insider trading or as seemingly innocent as an inappropriate instant message. Keeping track of who is saying and doing what is a pretty daunting task for compliance officers, especially with the explosion in the volume and variety of data produced by communications platforms employees are using. That's where you come in.
As a senior engineer on the Bloomberg Vault engineering team, you'll develop the UI of our communications surveillance product which is used by more than 1,000 organizations worldwide. Our multi-tenant cloud processes 300 million messages daily and stores about 90 billion archived objects. The interface you build will serve as a one-stop dashboard that alerts compliance officers of anything suspicious within these communications in real time.
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership of business requirements and build solutions to meet customer needs
- Develop and integrate new applications and enhancements
- Research and recommend alternatives when faced with challenging situations
- Improve the stability of our existing software
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience developing front end software
- 2+ years of experience with Ember.js or a similar front end framework
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Java or Scala
- Knowledge of JSON, XML, SQL, XQuery, XPath and XSL
- Experience with API design, AJAX-style asynchronous loading and statistical and graphical visualization
- Experience working in an Agile environment
If you're excited by these challenges, have a passion for technology and a flexible, creative approach to problem solving, we want to talk to you! Submit an application and learn more about Bloomberg Vault at bloomberg.com/vault.