Location: New York City
On the Platform Engineering team we develop core infrastructure and services that power the vertical web products such as Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance. We build tools and processes that have a direct impact on improving application development efficiency, delivery and quality. We also develop common middleware services for cross-cutting problems.
What's in it for you:
You will build automation and orchestration solutions for cloud and enterprise environments that keep our developers efficient, our infrastructure scalable and our customers happy. You will work closely with a variety of technologies such as Cloud Infrastructure (OpenStack/AWS), Linux Containers(Docker/Kubernetes), Automation tools (Ansible/Chef/Mesos) and big data (Hadoop/Spark/Cassandra).
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of programming experience in Java, C++, Ruby or Python
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A strong understanding of operating systems and the nuances of Linux
- Experience with object-oriented and functional programming
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design concepts
- A solid understanding of application development processes and tools
- Experience with developing concurrent and distributed applications
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- A solid understanding of cloud architectures (IaaS, PaaS) on OpenStack/AWS
- Experience with any enterprise PaaS software (CloudFoundry, WSO2, OpenShift)