Scrum Master - Bloomberg Verticals
Location: Washington, DC
The Bloomberg Industry Verticals PMO is looking for an accomplished Scrum Master to join the team. We are focusing on the adoption and execution of Agile methodologies (primarily Scrum and some Kanban) across multiple cross-functional development teams in the delivery of web products, applications and infrastructure supporting the Industry Verticals.
Our team is critical to the adoption, implementation and maintenance of Agile processes, principles and practices across the Verticals teams. You are someone who leads by example and you know how to bring out the best in people and teams. You're not afraid to deal with conflicts and you know when it's good to say "no" and when to push for more results. You'll work directly with the teams to identify, prioritize and eliminate obstacles in the development process. You will be successful by collaborating with commercial, product owners, technical leads and Engineering teams to drive self-organization, make changes quickly and remove impediments.
We'll trust you to:
- Grease the wheels of communication - work closely and diligently with product owners and other team members to ensure vision, roadmaps and personas are well defined and dependencies are understood.
- Find opportunities to celebrate wins - find small wins in projects and communicate them widely to business units. Build confidence in your team.
- Remove impediments and look beyond the norm - find technologies to help communication, involve the right people in projects and look for ways to close the gaps.
- Help teams to continuously improve - facilitate ongoing health-checks to help teams reflect and improve, becoming more effective in their roles and increasing their predictability, collaboration, quality and delivery of commitments.
- Instill Agile values and principles - ensure adherence to Agile methodology including sprint events (stand-ups, demos, retrospectives), roadmapping and release planning, backlog management (definition, grooming, prioritization), sizing, task estimation and velocity tracking.
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of real-world experience as a Scrum Master and 5+ years of experience as a Program/Project Manager, ideally within an Agile environment and across multiple teams and products
- A Scrum Master or Agile Practitioner Certification (CSM and/or PMI-ACP)
- An understanding of the fundamentals of iterative development, software development and processes
- Demonstrated experience with change management across multiple teams, products, environments and technologies
- Moderate to expert-level knowledge of Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
- The ability to travel (mostly between New York City and Skillman, NJ)
- A BA/BS or equivalent work experience
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space (such as Scaled Agile, Kanban, Automated Testing, Agile Games)
- A coaching mindset
- An active pursuit of continued education in Scrum, including training and conference attendance, user group participation and self-study