Location: New York, NY, USA
Job Requisition Number: 100-08
(Undisclosed)'s Business Intelligence & Customer Analytics team, part of the Centralized Metrics and Analysis organization, is responsible for helping (Undisclosed) senior management, Product and Sales teams make data-driven decisions. The team manages the data warehouses and data visualization solutions that Sales and other client-facing teams use to optimize their prospecting and retention efforts, Product teams use to gain deep insights into product adoption and the Marketing organization uses to measure the efficacy of their campaigns and promotional events.
(Undisclosed) relies on the team to transform raw data into business insights and to answer complex questions about the adoption of our products by clients.
We are looking for an experienced data analyst to join our team to support the creation of a new Hadoop/ Big Data warehouse for Enterprise Customer Analytics and Business Intelligence. You will work alongside product managers, data scientists and technologists from across the organization to solve complex business problems. You will be responsible for refining the business questions we are trying to answer, identifying the data we should be collecting and understanding the business logic used to transform raw data into business metrics and key performance indicators (KPI's).
- Analyze product usage and marketing data sets and develop critical insights and analyses
- Design reports to answer targeted business questions through data analysis
- Create visualizations of data and share insights with business leaders
- Ensure data quality and accuracy of the underlying data sets used for reporting
- Define project milestones and end deliverables and ensure projects are executed on time and under budget
- Work with the software development team to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Function as a subject matter expert on specific data sets, providing assistance and consultation to product managers and other business stakeholders
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a data analyst role, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Advanced expertise in database operations and experience with SQL-based databases (e.g. SQL Server, MYSQL, Access, Greenplum, etc.) is a requirement for this role
- Experience working with large data sets of varying levels of structure
- Experience managing software development or other types of projects
- Superior analytical skills and demonstrated ability to break down large, complex business problems into discrete, achievable steps
- Broad experience in data quality and data processing
- Knowledge of data warehousing and data management processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate research findings to both technical and non-technical decision makers
- Data modeling experience is a plus
- Experience with market-leading data visualization software tools (e.g. QlikView, Tableau, Cognos, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with R or other statistical software tools is a plus
(Undisclosed) delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation-which is where you come in.
At (Undisclosed), you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients-and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.