Location: Washington, DC, USA
Company: (Disclosed after submitted)
Job Requisition Number: 10-002
Company's Infrastructure Production group in R&D delivers a wide range of technologies for their environment. The team builds out common services that every team can use and consume to monitor, visualize and diagnose their applications and infrastructure. We also are the forefront in implementing modern technology ideology within the organization and assist all of the teams with implementation, automation and design. The Production Engineering team is a new team inside of the environment and is one of the most fast paced and soon to be widely used across the entire company. You will have the ability to be apart of a large cultural shift within the organization. If you like large scale systems, billions of data points a day, automating all of the things, hacking on opensource software and making a cultural impact, ask us where to sign up.
What You'll Do:
- Design, architect, automate and deliver large scale production ready services for
employees to consume.
- Build internal tools to monitor, visualize and diagnose all aspects of applications &
hardware in the stack.
- Work closely with our product and platform teams with architecture, design and scaling
challenges they may have.
- Help teams replace legacy software and design patterns with modern technologies.
- Develop and maintain documentation, training and SLAs for managed infrastructure.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of experience building similar systems
- Experience with large scale data processing
- Previous experience automating and implementing large scale fault tolerant distributed
- Experience with physical hardware and provisioning process
- Experience working with Opensource software
Common Tools we use:
- Ruby / Go
- Hadoop / Zookeeper / HBase
- Icinga / OpenTSDB
- Ruby / Go
Leading company in global business, financial information and leader, that gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the our professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. The company's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through many facets, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And our multimedia news platform, delivered through professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Our media covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Linux, Programmer, Information Technology, Technology, Engineering