Location: New York City
Company: Bloomberg LP
Role Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire
Bloomberg is seeking an experienced Head of Program Management to own global technology projects within Infrastructure Engineering. This group is responsible for building process and planning around large scale technology programs. Infrastructure Engineering is responsible for the production infrastructure which supports Bloomberg’s products and services, including the Bloomberg Professional service.
What’s in it for you:
This is a unique opportunity to build the team who will drive adoption of our next-generation products designed to power the future of Bloomberg's automated infrastructure. We’ll trust you to hire, develop, and coach a new team to ensure great planning and process to support the reliability and speed our products expect. Your team will help plan every major effort and drive the progress of every initiative.
We'll trust you to:
- Plan major programs which coordinate with every development team to support adoption of new technology, implementation of automation, and standardization of technology and process.
- Partner with agile development teams within Infrastructure Engineering to help develop and track product roadmaps.
- Create accountability with clear progress reporting based on a deep understanding of where barriers to execution exist.
You need to have:
- 3+ years of experience managing teams responsible for technology program management in a software engineering organization
- 3+ years of experience working with agile development practices
- Strong understanding of cloud, systems, storage, and network technology with ability to communicate to both engineers and non-engineers without losing critical details
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle them effectively to resolution
We'd love to see:
- Previous experience with Scrum and Kanban agile methods
- Experience with using JIRA for planning and tracking
- Talent creating detailed presentations to share status of many programs with a highly engaged executive audience
- Previous history of success at a technology company